Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wieners on the sidelines

I can't believe that Mark Sanchez's consumption of a hot dog made such headlines this week, and I can't believe I'm fanning the flames on the grill, either. I don't understand why it's a big deal; let the guy eat the frigging hot dog if he's hungry. Who cares if it isn't a protein bar? I like that Sanchez donated 500 hot dogs and 500 hamburgers with buns to the Community Soup Kitchen in Morristown, but seriously, he didn't have to apologize for eating a hot dog on the sidelines during the game. Let him have his dog and eat the bun, too.

There hasn't been this much talk about a wiener in New York since the new MTA Chief went to his first board meeting. I'm assuming the word wiener was used, because a Union member called the new guy a  "doody-head." He must have called him a wiener, and probably worse. Maybe a "dummy brain,"  "fart breath," "potty pants," or perhaps one implying a weight issue, such as "triple ripple," or "ham van."

By the way, I "The MTA Chief Goes to His First Board Meeting" was my second favorite children's book, right after "Montana Dad's Grammar Farm."

No comments:

Post a Comment